Mardi Himal Trek is newly
opened route. There are no
teahouses along the way so,
we have to organize the
camping trek. The route
passes possibly the second
largest Gurung village in
Nepal. It is locate to the north
east of Pokhara, in the shadow of Annapurna II and Lamjung
Himal. Above the village a marvelous panoramic view of the
peaks of Annapurna and Lamjung can be seen.
Mardi Himal is the name given to the feature of the long
raising ridge and its summit that from the southwesterly lower
slope of Mount Machhapuchhare, the famous triangular
skyline that is seen from the Phewa Lake at Pokhara. As we
shall soon see from a closer and more westerly vantage point,
the mountain hold wins peak thus its name, Machhapuchhare,
which in English means "Fish tail". Machhapuchhare is the
most southerly high point of the Annapurna Massif, the
awesomely majestic grouping of mountains in the central
Himalaya that includes 5 of the 12 highest mountains in the
world - all at close of very close quarters to our route.
- Duration of trekking : 07 days
- Grade : Moderate
- Type of Trek : Camping
- Recommended season : Spring / Autumn / Winter
- Trekking starting point : Pokhara
- Trekking ending point : Pokhara
- Maximum height : 4400 m.
- Airport/Hotel/ pick up and drop-off
- All ground local transportation
- Three night’s hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with BB basis.
- Full board meals as per itinerary (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek.
- Necessary Trekking Permit and all national park fees.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the trek.
- Expert bilingual, government license holder Guide.
- Domestic flight for the guide if required.
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Trekking Porter as required (usually 1 porter for 2 members)
- Necessary Trekking equipment such as sleeping bag, down jacket.
- Travel Insurance of our staffs.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service, which will be paid by your Travel insurance
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available)
- All government taxes, vat and service charges.
- Fare well dinner.
What’s not included
- Nepal entry visa fee, which can be issued on your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport –
- All International airfares
- Travel insurance.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Your personal expenses such as gratuity (recommended), gifts etc.
- Cold drinks and beverages
- Emergency Rescue and Evacuation cost or any types of travel insurance